The Maryland Longitudinal Data System (MLDS) Governing Board established a Cybersecurity Subcommittee. The subcommittee is made up of the following members:
- The MLDS Center Chief Information Officer (Tejal Cherry);
- The MLDS Center Executive Director (Ross Goldstein);
- The Chief Information Officer or technical designee of MSDE (Dale Cornelius);
- The Chief Information Officer or technical designee of MHEC (Parris Jackson);
- The Chief Information Officer or technical designee of Labor (David Stine);
- The Chief Information Officer or technical designee of DJS (Michael Pryor);
- The member of the Governing Board designated to serve pursuant to §24-704(c) of the Education Article (Steve Rizzi);
- Additional members of the Governing Board appointed by the Chairman (Farzad Moazzami and Chris Biggs).
The purpose of the subcommittee is to ensure ongoing transparency and accountability to the MLDS Governing Board and the Center's data sharing partners. These meetings will provide information to these key stakeholders on MLDS cybersecurity initiatives, data privacy practices, and system infrastructure.
The Cybersecurity Subcommittee meetings are open to the public. However, due to the sensitive nature of the subject, all portions of meetings that discuss the security of the MLDS will be held in closed session. Please refer to the agenda, which will provide an indication of which sections will be conducted in a closed session.